How Do We Finance Our Programmes & Operations
- As we are not a registered charity, our funds are privately raised from among members, volunteers, supporters, relatives and friends. We do fund-raising internally such as selling fruit cakes and relevant goodies during festive seasons.
- Donors/sponsors may identify the specific building projects or sponsorshipschemes they wish to support. 100% of such pledged funds will go to the projects they are meant for.
- If donors do not specify any particular project, the donations will be directed to projects deemed appropriate by the Exco.
- With no paid staff and office premises, our overhead cost is very low. Our members absorb all incidental expenses they incur in carrying out their tasks.
- For projects that involve overseas travels, all our members and volunteers pay their own travelling and living expenses.
- The Firefly Mission observes a very strict standard of transparency in the records it keeps of financial transactions. Its annual accounts are audited by an external auditor.
Our current appointed external auditor is