Since 2011, FFM has worked with Ven U Khamachara Mahathero of Bangalhalia Agapara Buddhist Welfare Orphanage (BABWO) and their coordinator, Mong Mong Thun Marma, who is also the Charity Adviser & Overseas Coordinator of BABWO in the region of Chittagong Bangladesh.
For the year 2019, FFM has worked on the following projects
- BABWO Children Sponsorship Program
- Donation of blankets, uniforms, food and etc to 8 Orphanages in Chittagong Hill
- Lotus Children Home drainage project
- Construction of BSG 64′ X 34′ Boys’ Dormitory Project
- Girls Hostel at the Gaindya Shishu Sadan (GSS) Orphanage
1. BABWO Children Sponsorship Program
|BABWO||2012||2013 – 2018||2019|
|Number||88||120 / year||120|
Since 2012, FFM has establish a children sponsorship program and has been supporting 120 children. The children staying in BABWO are children who has lost both parents or lost 1 parent and are from very poor families. Some of the children are also part of the Sangha members., clothes and education.
2. Donation of blankets, uniforms, food etc to 8 Orphanages in Chittagong Hill
Through BABWO, we have reached out to other orphanages in the area and provided, uniforms, stationery and food in 2019
Sanghamitta Seba Sangha Buddhist Orphanage (SSSBO):
Buddhist Temple Orphanage (BTO):
Buddha Shishu Ghar (BSG):
Bangalhalia Agapara Buddhist Welfare Orphanage (BABWO):
Agrabansha Orpahange (AO)
Motipara Buddhist Orphanage (MBO)
Gaidya Shishu Sadan (GSS)
Lotus Children Home (LCH)
3. Lotus Children Home drainage project
Proper drainage system for the Lotus Children Home to manage the wastes from the toilets , showers and more importantly the heavy flow of water and mud during the monsoon rain which caused damage to the boy’s hostel, girls hostel and Dhamma Hall.
The drainage system is completed with a total cost of around S$25k in Jun 2019. The projects benefits about 50 residences in the village as well around100 children in the Lotus Children Home.
4. Construction of BSG 64′ X 34′ Boys’ Dormitory Project
Building of a 4-room boys’ dormitory for 50 boys and novices at Buddha Shishu Ghar Orphanage. It will be a one-storey 64’ x 34’ building, with a 3-storey foundation.
Cost of the project is around S$51k and is scheduled to be completed by Oct 2019.
5. Girls Hostel at the Gaindya Shishu Sadan (GSS) Orphanage
To build Girls Hostel at the Gaindya Shishu Sadan (GSS) Orphanage in Bangladesh. It is situated in Rangamati Hill District, about 77km from Chittagong.It will provide safe and clean accommodation for 37 girls who are currently living in very poor conditions, and together with 10 boys. Once the new girls hostel is built, the boys will stay in the existing dormitory, and the extra room there will be converted to dining and study area.
Total project cost is estimated at S$36,000 and construction started in Sept 2019.
Firefly Mission would like to express its deep gratitude and thanks to all the people who have made this partnership project possible.
- Venerable U Kemachara Mahathero BABWO
- Mong Mong Thun Marma Charity Adviser & Overseas Coordinator, BABWO. Bangladesh.
- Bro Goh Kuan Seng, FFM Coordinator,Bangladesh
- Volunteers of Firefly Mission Singapore
- Other well-wishers and volunteers, too numerous to be named