The Management Committee would like to wish everyone Happy Vesak Day.
Please see below are our Humanitarian & Welfare activities in the region:
A) CAMBODIA SUPPORT
– Funeral Support for the poor & people with AIDS – Basic Education for Children
You may make contribution via one of following methods:
• Issue a cheque made payable to “Firefly Mission” and mail to address 148 Cashew Crescent, Singapore 679855
• Via internet banking to FFM’s DBS Autosave Account: 001-902726-8. Please ensure that you email Bro Meng Seng (email@example.com) and Bro Rene (Asst. Treasurer) (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the ibanking reference number in order for us to acknowledge receipt.
B) KATHINA Trip to SBS Taiping 26~29 Oct 2018
– Offering of monk robes & requisites after the rain retreat
Firefly Mission Trip to Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary (SBS) Kathina, Taiping (26 Oct – 29 Oct 2018)
Fare: S$400 Adult S$370 Child/Student
Proposed Itinerary (subject to change)
|Day 1||26-Oct (Fri)||Singapore – Melaka (dinner)|
|Day 2||27-Oct (Sat)||Melaka – Nalanda Centre – Taiping (breakfast/lunch)|
|Day 3||28-Oct (Sun)||SBS Kathina Day / Taiping – KL (breakfast/lunch @ SBS)|
|Day 4||29-Oct (Mon)||KL – Tzu Chi – Singapore (breakfast/lunch)|
Please purchase your own travel insurance for this trip
Kindly complete the registration and indemnity forms https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0147933585180ba0eb236a61c/files/72b36564-1aaa-4e09-a8b5-8a1f702c53e4/FFM_SBS_KATHINA_2018_REGISTRATION_FORM.docx and email to Bro Loo Kim Lye at email@example.com
Modes of Payment:
Cheque – payable to “Firefly Mission” kindly indicate “SBS Kathina 2018” at the back of the cheque (please mail to Firefly Mission, c/o Loo Kim Lye, Blk 37 Cambridge Road #07-143, Singapore 210037);
Fund Transfer (via internet banking or ATM) – “Firefly Mission”, DBS Autosave Account: 001-902726-8 (DBS Bank Code: 7171; Branch Code: 001).
As soon as you effect payment via cheque, internet banking or ATM, please message or email to notify the following for tracking purposes:
- Bro Loo Kim Lye – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bro Rene Cho – email@example.com (Asst. Treasurer)
For any enquiries, kindly contact Bro Loo at mobile no. 97825032 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to your continued support. Thank you
… together we light up the world
C) LAOS TRIP ( 12 ~19 Nov 2018)
–Building of many schools for the poor in Laos villages
Official handover of three school projects
in Savannakhet and HinHeub Provinces
Ø Homestay at Na Saat Village
Ø Visit UNESCO Heritage site at Luang Prabang
Ø Trip fare per adult: S$1,650
Ø Trip fare per child/student:S$1,500
Please complete the registration and indemnity forms
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0147933585180ba0eb236a61c/files/05a9fe42-8fc0-4262-bf43-34b8e7447a72/FFM_Laos_2018_REGISTRATION_FORM.docx with photocopy of passport and send via email email@example.com
Registration close on 30th Aug or when fully subscribed
D) MYANMAR Humanitarian Trip
– Building support of schools, hostels & Orphanages
FIREFLY MISSION MYANMAR TRIP 2018 – Announcement & Registration
08th Dec 2018 (Sat) to 16th Dec 2018 (Sun) / (9 days 8 nights)
Closing date for registration: 30th September 2018
- A trip to participate in lighting up lives of thousands in Myanmar
- A good chance to build & cultivate the spiritual friendships among Dhamma practitioners – Kalyana Mitta
An opportunity to:
- partake in helping to sponsor building of education/health facilities in various parts of Myanmar.
- donate requisites to monastics
- donate stationeries to students
- donate to various institutions (schools/hospitals/orphanages)
- stay in schools/hostel built by Firefly Mission
Proposed Itinerary (subject to change)
|Day 1||8-Dec (Sat)||Singapore – Yangon|
|Day 2||9-Dec (Sun)||Yangon-Kyaikhto-Taungsun|
|Day 3||10-Dec (Mon)||Kyaikhto-Shwegyin|
|Day 4||11-Dec (Tues)||Shwegyin|
|Day 5||12-Dec (Wed)||Shwegyin-Bagan|
|Day 6||13-Dec (Thurs)||Bagan|
|Day 7||14-Dec (Fri)||Bagan-Gyuthiri & Ywar Yar Villages|
|Day 8||15-Dec (Sat)||Bagan-Yangon (domestic flight)|
|Day 9||16-Dec (Sun)||Yangon-Singapore|
Adult S$1,800 per person; Child/Student S$1,600 per person
(Trip fare includes airfare, land transfers, accommodation, meals, tips & FFM polo t-shirts)
Please purchase your own travel insurance for the trip.
If you would like to participate in this trip, please submit your registration as soon as possible as available seat is on first-come first-serve basis.
- Please complete the registration and indemnity forms https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0147933585180ba0eb236a61c/files/db3419e4-6da5-4280-9767-5f0e75926d6e/FFM_MYANMAR_2018_REGISTRATION_FORM.docx with photocopy of passport and send to :
- By Email to Bro Loo Kim Lye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to Firefly Mission c/o Loo Kim Lye, Blk 37 Cambridge Road #07-143, Singapore 210037.
- We seek your understanding that we are only able to confirm registration upon receipt of non-refundable deposit of SGD500 per participant.
- You may make the non-refundable deposit via one of following methods:
- Issue a cheque made payable to “Firefly Mission” and indicate “Myanmar Trip 2018” at the back of the cheque, and mail to Blk 37 Cambridge Road #07-143, Singapore 210037.
- Via internet banking to FFM’s DBS Autosave Account: 001-902726-8. Please ensure that you email Bro Loo and Bro Rene (Asst. Treasurer) (email@example.com) with the ibanking reference number in order for us to acknowledge receipt.
There is no visa requirement for Singaporean but visa is required for Malaysian. You will be advised when to submit visa application to our travel agent.
Should you need any clarification and/or more information, please contact Bro Loo at mobile no. 97825032 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With heartfelt gratitude for your kindness, compassion and generosity….together we light up the world!
With Gratitude & Metta,
President, Executive Committee and Coordinators
Firefly Mission (萤火之光)